Welcome to our Parent Lifeline page! This is an information page for parents of UTM students to use for accessing pertinent information. You can find answers to your questions regarding financial aid issues, fee payment, important dates and much more. We hope this page will help keep parents informed with the latest information regarding financial aid. We pride ourselves in our availability to our students and parents. If you need more information, please don't hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
Financial Aid Awards
- Financial aid awards can be viewed in Banner Self-Service. Your student will be given log-in instructions at SOAR and it will be up to the student to share the secured information in that site.
- If you still need more financial assistance, click here for information on applying for Parent Plus loans.
- Parents who have fee waivers or discounts due to state employment, please send your fee waiver form each semester to the Bursar’s Office at 116 Administration Building, Martin, TN 38238.
Be Well Informed
- There are many rules and regulations that govern Federal Financial Aid and are often made by the Federal Department of Education. Because we know how important it is for your student to continue receiving financial aid, we want parents and students to stay up to date on those regulations. Click here to see the latest changes.
- Click here to review the policies and regulations that govern financial aid eligibility such as class attendance, Satisfactory Academic Progress along with other conditions that can affect eligibility.
- Please do not accept student loans for your student. They need to be the one that accepts the loans, completes the master promissory note and entrance loan counseling. Student loans debt is not something to take lightly. We want the students to be fully aware of the responsibility that comes with taking out student loans.
- Some awards have specific requirements associated with them. Be sure the student reads carefully when accepting.
- Periodically check on the status of any outstanding requirements.
- READ. There are many avoidable errors made when applying and accepting Financial Aid due to not reading. If, after reading, you are still not clear on a question, take the time to call us at 731-881-7040 or the Federal Student Aid Information Center at 1-800-4-FED AID (1-800-433-3243). The few extra minutes it takes could save you weeks of delays!
- UT Martin partners with parents by offering The myUTMartinParent Portal after the student submits a signed FERPA release form.
- Add money to your student's Skyhawk Card using the following link:http://www.utm.edu/departments/cardoffice/
Important Information about the Tennessee Lottery (HOPE) Scholarship
Click here for Tennessee Lottery Scholarship Policies and Procedures.
- Be a Tennessee resident one year prior to application deadline; September 1 for Fall semester or February 1 for Spring and Summer semesters
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each academic year at: www.fafsa.ed.gov
- Enroll in an eligible postsecondary institution within 16 months following high school graduation or completion of a Tennessee homeschool or GED program
- Be enrolled for at least 6 hours (part-time enrollment will be prorated based on hours)
- For current award amounts and additional eligibility information, please visit TSAC’s website: http://www.tn.gov/collegepays/
Paying your fees and other billing information
Our Title IV federal school code is 003531.
UT Martin Scholarship Aviator
Discover scholarships with UT Martin’s online scholarship opportunity manager.
View the UT Martin Scholarship Aviator >
The calculator is designed to give you an early indication of how much and what types of financial aid you might qualify.
Use the Calculator >