Current Students

For Instructions about submitting Emergency Repairs please click the link below.


If you have something in your room or apartment that is in need of repair, please use the online work request form on Banner Self Service. To submit a work request:

  1. Log on to Banner Self Service
  2. Select "Personal"
  3. Select "Housing Application"
  4. Click text labeled "Click Here to go to RMS Student Web for Housing"
  5. Click "Maintenance Requests"
  6. Enter area and detail information.
  7. Click "Finish" to submit your Maintenance Request.


To help us process your work request in a timely and efficient manner, please be as specific as possible in describing the problem and the location (Apartment / Hall, Room Number) of the problem. If you have turned in a request online, please do not turn in the problem in the repair log at the front desk of your residence hall.


Routine Repairs

Routine repair needs that you experience with your room should be reported via RMS Student Web or to the front desk of your residence hall. If you have submitted your request via RMS Student Web there is no need to make a duplicate request at the front desk. Please note: Requests made using RMS Student Web are monitored Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. A repair person should respond in 48 hours in most situations.


If a repair person does not show up within 48 hours or the repair person fails to fix the problem, you should report the problem via RMS Student Web and report, "This is a repeat request." If the repair still does not get serviced within 48 Hours, call the Housing Facilities Office at x7928. The 48 hour response time is due to the number of repairs being serviced at the time your request has been submitted. The staff responds to each repair as timely as possible.


For work requests related to telephone or internet service, or with problems you may be experiencing with your computer, do not use this form. Please contact the Office of Information Technology Services Help Desk at 7900.


For work requests pertaining to the laundry cards, do not use this form. Please contact the Housing Office at 7737. If you are experiencing a problem with the laundry machines (washer or dryer), please use this form.

Emergency Repairs

Emergency repairs should be reported to the front desk of the residence hall at any time, 24 hours a day. Residents in University Courts and Grove can contact the Housing Facilities Office at 7928 during business hours, or contact the Cooper Hall Front Desk at 8900/8901 after 5PM during the week and on weekends.


A repair person will respond to the emergency as soon as possible.

Examples of Emergency Repairs

  • Fire or Burning Smells
  • If there is a fire or burning smell in your room or apartment, please contact UTM Public Safety IMMEDIATELY at 7777.
  • Overflowing toilet
  • Burst water pipe
  • Severe air conditioner leaks
  • Elevator "stuck" with someone on board

Emergency - Any condition which left unattended may cause bodily injury or property damage; unbearable environmental conditions in any occupied area; loss of electrical, heating/cooling or water/sewage service to a building or a major portion of a building; loss of essential services or equipment in housing unit areas.


Routine - All other requests are classified as routine and will be completed as soon as scheduling constraints and availability of resources will allow.

Taking classes during the summer? Summer housing is available in Cooper Hall and University Village B-Building*. Please see below for pricing.

*University Village B-Building is only available for the Full Summer.

Rates for 2018

Maymester - $320
Summer Session I - $490
Summer Session II - $490
Full Summer - $980
University Village - $1400


To complete a Summer application, follow these steps!

Coming back in the fall? Reapply for housing today! In order to make sure you have the room you want next year, we offer both Room Retention and Community Swap early in the spring semester. Both are done online through RMS Student Web.

Room Retention lets you to lock in your current spring room for the next year.


Community Swap allows you to book a room for yourself and any desired roommates. This year Community Swap isn't locked into your current community so residents have more choices than ever before!


Full instructions on these processes will be emailed to you before they become available in late fall or early spring.

The deadline to re-apply for housing is January 31 to be guaranteed a spot in your current community for the following academic year.


Click here for full instructions on how to reapply for housing.

Have you...

Completed a housing application?

Paid your $150 Housing Deposit?

Received your housing assignment?

Assignments are released beginning early April and continue throughout the summer!


Assignments and assignment changes can be viewed by following these steps:

  1. Logon to BANNER Self Service Web
  2. Select "Personal"
  3. Select "Housing Application"
  4. Select "Go to RMS Student Web for Housing"
  5. You will then arrive at the Online Housing Portal landing page
  6. Select "Assignments"
  7. Select the appropriate Housing Assignment link

Reviewed our checklist of what to bring to campus?

Reviewed sample contracts and leases you will be signing on move-in day?

Reviewed check-in dates and times?

The information below is for Fall 2018.


Freshmen Move-in begins Friday, August 24, at 6:00am

Upperclassmen Move-in begins Saturday, August 25, at 8:00am

If you cannot arrive by 1:00pm Monday, August 27, please call or email us prior to this time.


Where do I pick up my keys?

Browning, Ellington, and Cooper Halls have front desks that will be staffed for check-in. For University Village Phase I, you will need to go to the C106 Office. For University Village Phase II, please go to G-building breezeway.


Reviewed the Housing Handbook?

Considered Renter's Insurance?

The University does not assume responsibility for damage to or loss of personal property while living on campus. Therefore you may want to consider Renter's Insurance, a form of Homeowner's Insurance. If you want to view further information on Renter's Insurance, look here


Click to expand/collapse