UT Martin at a Glance
The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary regional university in the University of Tennessee System that includes the main campus and five regional centers located throughout West Tennessee. With more than 100 academic areas of study, UT Martin is a small-town university for people with big dreams.
About UT Martin
- Founded in 1900
- More than 6,900 students represent 42 states and 19 countries.
- 320-acre main campus and 680 acres of teaching and research land.
- Five regional centers located in Jackson, Parsons, Ripley, Selmer and Somerville.
- More than 150 academic areas of study.
- Nine graduate degrees with 21 specialized concentrations.
- 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
- Approximately 85% of classes have fewer than 30 students.
- Approximately 72% of full-time faculty hold the highest degree in their field.
- Approximately 84% of UT Martin graduates are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
2023-24 Tuition Per Year
- In-State Tuition and Fees: $10,208
- Out-of-State Tuition and Fees: $16,248
- Room and Board: $9,010 (Ellington Hall + All-Access, Seven-Days-a-Week Meal Plan).
- $15.1 million awarded in grants and $25.6 awarded in scholarships.
- Approximately 89% of degree-seeking undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid.
- NCAA Division I, member of the Ohio Valley Conference
- Member of the Ozark Region of the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association
- Member of the Eastern College Athletic Conference in Equestrian
- 2022-23 OVC Champions in football, volleyball and beach volleyball.
- Skyhawk athletes produced a departmental GPA above 3.20 for the seventh consecutive semester for the 2022-23 academic year.
- Approximately 72% of active UT Martin alumni reside in Tennessee after graduating.
- More UTM alumni reside in Shelby County (12.12%) than any other Tennessee county, followed by Weakley County at 9.5%.
- UT Martin alumni live in 94 of 95 Tennessee counties.
- S. News & World Report has ranked UT Martin 27th among top regional public institutions in the South.
- UT Martin has earned the 2023-2024 Military Friendly® School designation as recognition for the support provided to military veterans who attend the university.
- The Princeton Review listed UT Martin among its top 109 colleges and universities in the South region.