UT Martin at a Glance
The University of Tennessee at Martin is a primary regional university in the University of Tennessee System that includes the main campus and five regional centers located throughout West Tennessee. With more than 100 academic areas of study, UT Martin is a small-town university for people with big dreams.
About UT Martin
- Founded in 1900
- More than 6,800 students represent 42 states and 19 countries
- 250-acre main campus and 680 acres of teaching and research land
- Five regional centers located in Jackson, Parsons, Ripley, Selmer and Somerville
- More than 100 academic areas of study
- Six graduate degrees with 22 specialized concentrations
- 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- Approximately 87% of classes have fewer than 30 students
- Approximately 72% of full-time faculty hold the highest degree in their field.
- Approximately 81% of UT Martin graduates are employed or in graduate school within six months of graduation.
2022-2023 Tuition Per Semester
- In-State Tuition and Fees: $4,956
- Out-of-State Tuition and Fees: $7,976
- Room and Board: $3,480 (Ellington Hall + 10 meals-per-week plan)
- $14.7 million awarded in grants and $21.6 awarded in scholarships
- Approximately 87% of degree seeking undergraduate students receive some form of financial aid
- NCAA Division I, the Ohio Valley Conference
- Ozark Region of the National Intercollegiate Rodeo Association
- Eastern College Athletic Conference in Equestrian
- 2021-22 OVC Champions in soccer, football, golf and beach volleyball
- Skyhawk athletes earned the highest combined grade point average in UT Martin history in Spring 2022 with a 3.33 GPA.
- Approximately 68% of active UT Martin alumni reside in Tennessee after graduating.
- More UTM alumni reside in Shelby County (12.18%) than any other Tennessee county, followed by Weakley County at 9.98%.
- UT Martin alumni live in 94 of 95 Tennessee counties.
- UT Martin students’ satisfaction with their entire educational experience ranked first in the latest survey information among Tennessee public universities.
- U.S. News & World Report has ranked UT Martin 10th among top regional public institutions in the south.
- UT Martin has earned the 2022-2023 Military Friendly® School designation as recognition for the support provided to military veterans who attend the university.
- UT Martin is the third-largest producer of teachers in the state of Tennessee.