Welcome to UT Martin
Thank you for your interest in the University of Tennessee at Martin and all we do to serve our community, state, nation and beyond. The university’s mission is to educate and engage responsible citizens to lead and serve in a diverse world. UT Martin’s positive impact on students and its contributions to economic development and society are significant. The university has touched many generations through the academic programs, student experiences and services that change lives.
For many reasons, UT Martin is positioned to achieve even greater excellence and service as a primary regional campus in the University of Tennessee System:
- The university’s Strategic Plan and Master Plan provide detailed blueprints for the university’s future growth and service. Positive things happen with a vision and a plan.
- The RISE Campaign reached its $175 million fundraising goal before its official June 30, 2023, conclusion and received record gifts that position the university for greater service to those we serve.
- A Strategic Enrollment Management Plan prioritizes new academic programs that support the changing workplace. Our students deserve the best education that teaches them to earn a living and contribute to the betterment of society.
- UT Martin’s new Latimer-Smith Engineering and Science Building is the university’s center for STEM education. This cutting-edge facility positions the university to serve the region’s growth as Ford’s BlueOval City begins electric truck production in 2025.
- The university is the third-largest producer of teachers in Tennessee, which means that UT Martin-educated teachers are impacting lives in the classroom every day.
- The university’s main campus and five regional centers make educational opportunities available to persons across West Tennessee. UT Martin Online opens our outstanding academic programs to the world.
- UT Martin’s WestStar Leadership Program is the first and largest regional leadership program in the state. In addition to the annual leadership-program class, WestStar is a longtime sponsor of popular summits and conferences and created the successful WestTeach teacher-development program.
- The Skyhawk athletics program joins the Ohio Valley Conference in celebrating it 75th year. Skyhawk athletes continue to set new high-quality standards both in the classroom and on the playing field. These same successful student-athletes leave the field of competition to do great things in life.
Involvement is a trademark of my personal journey, and I’m pleased to lead a university that’s engaged at all levels by actively embracing change, addressing challenges and improving lives through innovative education. Continue to explore our webpages or better yet – visit our main campus or one of five regional centers and see for yourself why achievers land at the University of Tennessee at Martin.
Dr. Yancy Freeman