1730-3-.04 QUALIFICATIONS FOR LICENSURE. To be eligible for licensure as a veterinary medical technician, an applicant must meet all of the following qualifications.
(1) Veterinary Medical Technician by Examination
(a) Be a graduate of the Veterinary Technology program from a school whereby the veterinary technology curriculum was approved by the American Veterinary Medical Association.
(b) Pass the examination as provided in paragraph (1) of Rule 1730-3-.08.
- Individuals seeking licensure by examination, as provided in Rules 1730-3-.04 and 1730-3-.05, shall be required to pass the Veterinary Technician National Examination. This examination is developed by the American Association of Veterinary State Boards.
- The passing score shall be the criterion-referenced passing grade established by the testing agency.
- All examination applications and fees for the Veterinary Technician National Examination shall be sent directly to the American Association of Veterinary State Boards.
- Official examination scores shall be submitted to the Board's administrative office directly from the testing agency whenever the examination was taken outside the Board's jurisdiction.
- The Board adopts the Veterinary Technician National Board Examination as its state and national examinations, pursuant to T.C.A. 63-12-115.
Authority: T.C.A. 4-5-202, 4-5-204, 63-12-106, 63-12-114, 63-12-115, and 63-12-135. Administrative History: Original rule filed September 13, 1987; effective November 14, 1987. Repeal and new rule filed April 28, 1995; effective July 12, 1995. Amendment filed Septe