Our mission is to enhance learning and promote the development of healthy lifestyles through quality facilities, programs, and services for the campus community.
The Office of Campus Recreation aspires to stimulate student learning and development by providing quality recreational programs that encompass sport, fitness and leisure activities.
- Service Excellence – We strive to provide service that exceeds patron expectations at all times.
- Student Leadership Development – We will provide students the opportunity to learn skills that prepare them for a lifetime of success and leadership.
- Integrity – We are committed to professional, ethical behaviors and civility in our actions.
- Safety – We will make sure all programs and facilities provide a safe environment for all.
- Social Interaction – We will foster fun and enjoyable experiences through participation and physical activities that encourage and lead to healthy lifestyles.
- Enthusiasm – We will be passionate about our work and actively engage with our patrons.
- Diversity - We will create an environment that challenges students to explore, respect individuality, and cultural diversity.
- Provide high quality student recreational services that nurture fun, exploration and student well-being.
- Provide realistic learning and leadership opportunities that enhance the student experience.
- Create a welcoming environment that embraces diversity and collaboration
- Collaborate with university departments to provide training and programs that facilitate student success.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students who are employed by Campus Recreation will be able to demonstrate skills and behaviors that enable them to be effective in their student employment role and future professional positions.
- Students who engage in Campus Recreation programs and services will acquire skills, knowledge and behaviors that contribute to their quality of life.
- Students who engage in Campus Recreation programs will connect with the campus community and build relationships that contribute to their sense of belonging.