Everyday is a Great Day to be a Skyhawk!
The business and social landscape in West Tennessee is rapidly changing, and the University of Tennessee at Martin is positioned to support the tremendous growth and progress in the region and beyond. UT Martin has educated many generations of students to pursue meaningful careers and serve their communities and will play a critical role in responding to the region’s future workforce and community leadership needs.
Consider some reasons why UT Martin is prepared to support West Tennessee’s bright future:
- A new home for STEM - The Latimer-Smith Engineering and Science Building is the new home to the university’s STEM programs. Future generations of students will prepare for engineering and science careers in this impressive, modern facility.
- New degree options - New undergraduate and graduate degree programs offer paths to in-demand careers that benefit current and future students as well as needs in the labor force.
- A commitment to agriculture – Agriculture is part of UT Martin’s history. Strong agriculture-degree options, the popular Governor’s School for the Agricultural Sciences, and hands-on learning opportunities for students support the state’s largest industry.
- Teacher education – UT Martin’s education preparation program is the third-largest educator of future classroom teachers in Tennessee. The chances are good that a UTM-educated teacher shaped your life or the life of someone you know.
- Educating leaders – The WestStar Leadership Program’s first class graduated in 1990. Including that first class, more than 900 community leaders have completed WestStar and joined a network that seeks positive change in West Tennessee.
- Five regional centers – Students and communities alike benefit from the UT Martin educational opportunities offered in Jackson, Parsons, Ripley, Selmer and Somerville.
Explore our academic programs. Visit our main campus and regional centers. Talk with our students, faculty, staff and alumni. You’ll see why every day is a great day to be a Skyhawk.
Dr. Philip Acree Cavalier
Chancellor’s Scheduling Request Form