Welcome to Student Health and Counseling Services!
We are committed to delivering professional mental and physical health services to a diverse student body. We encourage you to view your health holistically rather than separating your mental health from your physical health.
Our mission is to assist students in achieving and maintaining wellness by providing medical and counseling services that address the unique needs of college students. We encourage students to take responsibility for their health and to become active participants in the process.
We are committed to the following:
- Supporting the academic mission of The University of Tennessee at Martin
- Providing quality services based on best practices
- Addressing the physical and mental barriers to academic success
- Equipping students with the knowledge and tools necessary to engage in healthy living
- Providing a cost effective and efficient response to student’s mental and physical needs
- Educating students on mental and physical health issues through outreach efforts
- Working with Public Health officials to protect the campus community
Student Health and Counseling Services offers a positive approach to supporting a student’s healthy lifestyle through the development of physical, emotional, intellectual, spiritual and social well-being.
Director of Student Health & Counseling Services,
Shannon Deal, APRN-BC